The other day I was perusing Instagram, looking for DIY inspiration for my next project. (If you’re not following DIY Made Simple, click here.) While looking, I saw some really cute floral wreaths and was inspired by make my own rendition of a Floral Letter Wreath.
This project is a great choice for anyone for three reasons:
- It’s cheap! I used all Dollar Tree items for this project, totally less than $7.
- It’s fast! This entire project only took 20 minutes.
- It is a great addition to a baby shower, a girls night out, or your Spring/Summer decorations.
Items needed for project:
- 1 Foam poster board (These can be bought at the dollar store at your local craft store
- 8 Bunches of fake flowers (The Dollar Tree has a wide selection of these during April and May)
- Hot glue gun + glue sticks
- Ribbon (Optional if making letter into a wreath.)
How to make letter:
- Turn your foam poster board horizontally and cut it in half, hamburger style.
- Cut out the letter of your choice with a sharp knife. I found that a knife works better than scissors when working with foam board. For my “H” I used a ruler sketch out the letter first.
- Once you have one letter cut out, use it as a stencil to trace the outline on the remaining half foam board.
- Remove the head of the fake flowers from the stems. I also used the leaves to fill out my letter more.
- Hot glue the flowers and stems to the letter.
- Hot glue the back of your flower covered letter to your blank letter. This will make it more stable and last longer. If making your letter into a wreath, cut a piece of ribbon and attach the two ends between the two pieces of foam letters.
Now you’re ready to enjoy your new Floral Letter. If you recreate this project, please feel free to tag me in your Instagram photo @diymadesimpleblog.