One of my favorite parts of being a blogger is getting the opportunity to try out new products, for free. When I tell my friends about a product that I’ve gotten in the mail recently, they usually respond by saying, “I want free stuff!” I respond, “But you can!!” Many people don’t realize that anybody can get free products from companies, you just have to know where to look.
There’s so many schemes out there, that it can be hard to know which sites will actually give you free stuff without requiring you to sign away your life. Even then, a lot of companies only send you sample sized products. Where’s the fun in that? A service that is constantly sending me new products, for free, is Influenster. It’s completely free and anyone can sign up.
At this point you might be thinking to yourself that I’m getting paid to be promoting this company, but I guarantee you that I’m not. It’s just a really great program that I believe so strongly in that I want to share it with you, so you can get free products too!
Here’s how it works:
- You sign up for Influenster, here.
- Connect your social media channels. The more followers and friends you have, the higher your “social impact” score will be. The higher your impact score is, the more times you’ll be considered for campaigns they have.
- Answer a few questions on who lives in your household and what your interests and hobbies are so that they will know what to send you. (It wouldn’t make sense to send dog toys to someone who hates pet, right?)
- You’re all set! For more point you can review products you’ve tried in the past.
- When there is a “voxbox”(aka campaign) that Influenster thinks you’d be a good fit for (depending on your hobbies and interests) they will send it to you automatically.
- Once you receive your free products, they’ll ask you to review them. This helps the companies involved get the word out about their business and you’re happy cause you found a new favorite product.
Pretty simple, huh? I find it really exciting when I get an email saying that I have a voxbox coming in the mail. If you’re as impatient as I am, you can always check Influenster’s Youtube for sneak peak videos on the current voxbox campaigns they have running.
Since signing up for Influenster, a year ago, I’ve received three boxes. The first was a back to school voxbox with all full sized candies, lip products, pens/ pencils. The second box I received was two full sized shampoos and conditions. (Huge jumbo sized bottles!) The third box I received last week was the Sally Hansen Leg Makeup. I’ve been so happy with each product I’ve received and have found my new favorite products that way.
Have another way you like to get free products? Share the love by telling me in the comments section down below.