If you know me or follow me on Instagram and Pinterest, you know about my obsession with sushi. I don’t even get how people don’t like sushi! It’s so fun to eat and there’s so many different kinds to choose from. And the whole, “It’s raw fish” doesn’t fly with me because a lot of kinds of sushi are cooked!
No matter where you get your sushi from, you can never go wrong with a california roll. As with any obsession, it gets expensive! That’s why I decided to try my hand at making sushi myself. Here’s a recipe that I created that is super easy, cheap, and flavorful.
Ingredients For Wrap:
4 cups freshly cooked and warm rice
1 package seaweed wraps
1/2 cup crab meat
Makes about 3 sushi rolls
Yum Yum Sauce Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons Mayo
1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
1 teaspoon Sriracha Sauce
For Sushi Wrap:
1) Prepare your foods before assembling the sushi roll by cooking the rice and slicing the avocado, cucumber, and crab into very thin small slices (as shown above).
2)Place your seaweed wrap on a piece of wax paper.
3) Spread 1-2 cups of rice evenly over the top of the seaweed paper. Place the crab, cucumber, and avocado in a line near the side of the seaweed wrap that is closest to you.
4) Start to roll the wrap like a burrito, tightly. Use the wax paper to help you keep it tight and don’t let any food from the inside fall out.
5) Once the sushi is in a roll use a very sharp knife to cut into bit sized pieces 1/2″-1″ thick.
6) Arrange on a tray. Use yum yum sauce and soy sauce as dips.
For Yum Yum Sauce:
Mix mayo, sesame oil and sriracha sauce together. place on side of dish or in small bowl for dipping.